Auto Locksmith Serving Westchester County, NY
In Westchester County, we really rely on our vehicles to get us from Point A to Point B on-time and keep our busy days running smoothly. Nothing's worse than that heart-stopping moment when you realize you've accidentally locked your keys in the car or when your ignition simply won't work. In the past, motorists had no other option but to shell out the big bucks for a tow truck and spend hours at the car dealership, waiting for a new key to be made.
Today, you can call a certified technician from Pop-A-Lock who will provide fast, reliable service at a price you can afford.
Westchester County, New York auto locksmiths you can count on 24/7
Pop-A-Lock's auto locksmith services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We'll show up with a friendly and professional demeanor. In fact, only one out of every 10 job applicants are able to meet our high standards. Every new Pop-A-Lock hire undergoes at least 40 hours of hands-on training to become a certified technician. Our auto locksmiths arrive in a marked Pop-A-Lock vehicle with proper identification to give you peace of mind that you're getting safe, secure service from true experts.
Auto locksmith services
Emergency Car Door Unlocking: When you lose your car key or accidentally lock yourself out of the car, Pop-A-Lock technicians can get you back in the driver's seat quickly, without damaging your vehicle. We can also open a jammed trunk door if necessary. We service all makes and models, including big rigs and commercial vehicles.
Pop-A-Lock auto locksmith services include:
- Ignition Repair: Sometimes there is an issue with the ignition where the vehicle will not start -- even with the proper key. Other times, an old key will break off inside the ignition, rendering the car completely useless. In those instances, an auto locksmith may be able to extract the broken piece or may replace the entire cylinder.
- Lock Repair: If you've been the victim of attempted robbery, we can repair a damaged lock to make your vehicle secure once again. Problems range from loose or broken rods to bad switches and burnt-out actuator motors. This service can cost up to $200 at an auto repair shop or up to $600 at a car dealership not including the cost of replacement parts. Experienced, trained Pop-A-Lock technicians fix auto locks quicker and for much less!
- Transponder Repair: Chip keys may stop working due to a transponder issue inside the key itself. A trained locksmith can reprogram the key on-site to enable proper communication once again.
- Keyless Entry Reprogramming: Whether you have a keypad on your vehicle or an electronic remote control, Pop-A-Lock can troubleshoot issues with your keypad or coordinate with local car dealerships to get you a new key fob quickly and affordably to meet all your keyless entry needs.
- Smart Key Repair: Smart keys are not immune to malfunctions, and our team stands ready to provide on-the-spot assistance and solutions, including smart car key programming, repair and replacement for all vehicle makes and models.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: Auto locksmith is our primary service, but we can also help with jump-starts and emergency gasoline delivery when you're really in a bind. We come to you, no matter where you're stranded with fast, friendly service.
Smart car key replacement
Everyone appreciates the ease and convenience of smart keys, but unexpected malfunctions can cause serious headaches and even emergencies. When problems with smart car keys make vehicle operation difficult or impossible, it is vital to have a go-to team of lock professionals at the ready to resolve issues promptly. Antennas, chips and radio pulse generators all have the potential to fail, which is why technicians with expertise on repairing and replacing smart key systems are a motorist's best ally when it comes to solving lockouts and other problems quickly and efficiently.
At Pop-A-Lock, our seasoned professionals are equipped to handle any smart car key repair:
- Transponder key service and repair
- Smart key programming
- Remote programming services
- Electronic key solutions
- Smart car key replacement assistance
- VAT key service
- Help with keyless remote malfunctions
- Round-the-clock service
- On-site problem solving for systems of all types
We pride ourselves on our comprehensive knowledge of the smart key systems found in all vehicle makes and models. Our expert technicians provide fast, convenient smart car key solutions at a much lower cost than dealership-affiliated technicians.
Make-specific key services
The automotive locksmith experts at Pop-A-Lock can quickly duplicate and replace damaged, lost or stolen car keys for a variety of models and makes. Our technicians can duplicate standard electronic car keys, transponder keys, VATS keys as well as car FOBS (which automatically unlock and start your vehicle when you’re close to it). Our goal is to get you on the road again without hassle or a long waiting period. If you’ve been locked out of your car or need immediate assistance getting a lost or stolen car key replaced, you’ve come to the right locksmith in Westchester County. Our technicians boast years of training and experience and make emergency calls in our state-of-the-art mobile unit.
Our locksmiths have the latest transponder key programming equipment, as well as tools for VAT key copying, and repairs/replacement for Fobik keys. We specialize in duplicating, replacing and reprogramming Smart Keys and Push to Start keys, so do not hesitate in calling us for your automotive key services. Avoid expensive trips to the dealer and put your trust in Pop-A-Lock for prompt, courteous and professional service for even the most sophisticated remote programming and automotive keyless systems.
We program and cut keys for:
PALS program free child and pet rescue service
Locking yourself out of your own vehicle is one thing. A child or animal trapped in a locked vehicle is a whole other matter. In 2015, 23 children died of heatstroke trapped in a locked vehicle.
The Pop-A-Lock PALS Saves Kids program was founded in 1991 by law enforcement officers to rescue children in locked vehicles any time of day or night and on holidays, too. Pop-A-Lock provides FREE car unlocking service when your loved ones are in danger. Since the program began, our franchises have rescued more than 350,000 children locked in their vehicles at no charge to caregivers.
We understand this sort of situation could happen to anyone. To prevent future incidents, we recommend:
Keeping one of the child's personal effects (be it a stuffed animal, blanket or diaper bag) in the front seat.
Keeping your purse, briefcase or wallet in the backseat
Avoiding cell phone use in the car, which can be an unnecessary distraction
For more information, visit KidsAndCars.org.
Save time and money getting replacement car keys from a professional locksmith
Given the high levels of encryption and security on today's vehicles, it can be challenging to get replacement car keys made that will not only unlock the door, but also start the vehicle. In most cases, we can have your vehicle key replaced in just 20 minutes! Our mobile technicians have the necessary equipment to make and program a replacement car key that works the first time, so you don't waste time or money.
Pop-A-Lock technicians arrive fully prepared to handle:
- Basic keys and fob – Cars made prior to the mid-nineties had keys with a unique cut, but no additional security features. According to Edmunds, dealers charge up to $12 for this type of key, while locksmiths only charge $3. To replace the key fob, a dealer may charge you a half hour for labor. We only charge you for the cost of materials. Depending on your vehicle, we may be able to secure an aftermarket fob to save you even more.
- Laser cut keys – Laser keys have fewer carved grooves, but a distinctive winding pattern on a thicker shank. Not every locksmith has the proper machine to make these advanced keys, but we do! The built-in transponder chips in laser keys must be programmed by a certified member of the Associated Locksmiths of America. We can also cut you a cheaper key without a transponder chip that will do everything but start the vehicle if that's all you need.
- Transponder keys / VATS keys – Cars made in more recent times often have transponder chips in the plastic head of the key. These chips emit a unique signal to the ignition receiver so only one particular key can start the vehicle when inserted. The shank of this key itself is the same as a basic key, but we will need to use a special machine to program it. Dealers may charge $160 for the key and another $75 for the fob, but locksmiths save you at least $30.
- Switchblade keys – Keys with shanks that fold into the fob when not in use may come with a basic or a laser cut. If this type of key becomes damaged, we can replace whatever part no longer works. The shank itself may run you $60-$80 to replace, whereas the entire key fob may be a couple hundred dollars.
- Keyless entry – Keypads can still be found on many Ford and Lincoln models. Other vehicles with keyless entries operate using remote controls on a key fob. Our technicians can create a new key and/or fob for your vehicle in no time at all.
As part of delivering top-notch customer service, Pop-A-Lock of Westchester, NY guarantees that your charges will never exceed what we quote you!
For immediate assistance from a professional locksmith, contact your nearest Pop-A-Lock at 914-251-9725.