Pop-A-Lock of Polk County
Pop-A-Lock is looking for the right person to successfully manage its light-service division. This individual will play a pivotal role in day-to-day operations, reporting directly to the owner of the company. The right person for the job will be comfortable working independently, but will also know when to discuss key decisions with management.
The Operations Manager will oversee approximately 10 employees. It is expected that this role will also be “in the field” up to 40% of the time either training staff, assisting with challenging situations, or assisting the team as needed. Other duties include scheduling, interviewing / hiring team members, managing / rewarding / correcting team members, managing internal resources and inventories, running reports, and assisting with special projects.
The Operations Manager is a key part of the management team at Pop-A-Lock.
Pop-A-Lock is Polk County’s premiere locksmith. Established in 2013, the franchise now employs over 15 people. We are also a AAA provider, performing lockout, battery / jumpstart, and locksmith services throughout the county. We are the 1st call for almost 1,500 people every month – and it is our role to help them.
In order to succeed at this job, you will be:
- An effective manager and leader of a diverse team of individuals working independently at offsite locations
- Efficient and demonstrate sound decision-making skills with company resources – finances, fleet vehicles, and other assets
- Comfortable working both in the office and in the field
- Analytical. You will be expected to solve business challenges on a regular basis as well as use Excel and other quantitative tools for routine management.
- Customer focused. As an AAA provider, customer satisfaction matters to our customers and to us. We manage and compensate based on that metric.
Pop-A-Lock offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary with performance-based incentives, an employer-matched retirement account, generous time off and much more.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset to take responsibility for protecting and managing the assets, to include our team of technicians, fleet of vehicles and battery inventory. This position reports to the owner. This position works both in an office environment and as a technician in the field as needed.
- Leads by example.
- Interviews and recommends the hiring of personnel.
- Holds others accountable, inspect work quality and give feedback in a way that is both firm and encouraging.
- Schedules work hours and assign job duties.
- Trains personnel regarding policies, procedures, and equipment operation.
- Evaluates employee work performance.
- Handles management of customer complaints concerning driver performance.
- Monitors budget and approve related expenditures.
- Responsible for the repair and oversight of service vans.
- Schedules vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Maintains service vehicle supplies.
- Conducts team meetings or one-on-one meetings to apprise employees regarding the implementation/revision of operating policies/procedures.
- Maintains daily statistics for reporting purposes and prepares reports for management review regarding service vehicle activities.
- Investigates, arbitrates, and settles customer damage and service complaints.
- Will work largely independently
- Must have 2 years management experience including direct reports.
- Microsoft Office, Access is a plus
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.