Pop-A-Lock of Polk County
We are an essential business that has continued to serve our AAA Membership through all of the recent health related shutdowns.
Pop-A-Lock of Polk County is a family owned and operated light service and locksmith company. We are AAA’s local battery, lockout and locksmith service provider. Our success is dependent on our team of drivers, our thorough training, & ability to keep our members safe.
We have an opportunity for a motivated & driven emergency light service technician / battery salesperson with excellent customer service skills who enjoys working outdoors. Full time positions (plus overtime) within a four day work week.
No experience necessary. We are looking for long term employees with drive & personality. Is this you? We will train the right candidate. All techs are employees and receive a W2. We do not hire subcontractors or accept 1099 services.
What you’ll do…
- Unlocking vehicles for customers otherwise locked out.
- Test and potentially replace vehicle battery using provided equipment by AAA.
- We DO NOT perform tire changes, fuel delivery or any service on the side of the road.
- Document services appropriately in physical invoices as well as in company systems.
- Currently hiring for 2nd shift – noon – midnight four days a week although hours may change and candidate must be available for earlier hours when needed.
- Customer service
- Mechanic experience
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Weekends required (either Saturday or Sunday)
- Holidays required
- Day / Evening shift
- 12 hour shift
In this role, you will meet new people every day and offer a cold bottle of water while you resolve their issues.
Below are some of the comments customers have provided in follow-up surveys or on our Google Business page with over 800 reviews (avg 4.9 stars!).
“Chad was very kind and quick .. great customer service!”
“Very much appreciate your coming quickly and getting a new battery in place. Alan was very professional and pleasant!”
“Most excellent service. Very knowledgeable tech. Was my pleasure to have such a positive experience.”
“Very knowledgeable and nice service technician”
“Seriously can’t say enough about the experience we had (and have had) with Pop-A-Lock.”
“Sam the service driver was very friendly and helpful. If we have future problems, I hope its him or someone like him to come help us.”
We would love to talk if the following describes you:
- Some customer service experience.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Military Experienced candidates are encouraged to apply. We have several vets on the team.
- Open to candidates without a College diploma
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Effective trouble shooter and communicator.
- Ability to relate positively to people in stressful situations and remain calm under pressure
- Drug free and clear criminal background (testing required).
- Daytime, evening, and late-night positions available.
Pop-A-Lock provides the following benefits and job conditions:
- Company-provided vehicle for all service work
- A company-provided Android-based smart phone
- A competitive hourly wage, with overtime options and bonus opportunities available
- A 4-day/week schedule. Typically, technicians work four 12-hour shifts each week.
- 2 weeks of accrued paid-time-off.
- Employer-matched retirement account up to 3%.
- Company-provided uniforms and tools.
- Obtainable weekly and monthly bonus opportunities
* Our techs are the automotive service and sales force for AAA. Professionalism and excellence in customer service is our top priority. If you are looking for long-term consistent pay, enjoy helping people in their time of need, and believe you meet our requirements, we invite you to schedule an interview to discuss joining our team.
* Applicants should respond by sending their resume through Indeed using the button below, or by calling our office to schedule an interview.
* Our office number is 863-647-5625. Ask for Julie